Hello to all of our Franklin Township Softball families!
We hope you are as excited as we are about the upcoming spring season of softball!! Our Board has been working hard this offseason! Our goal is to make each season better than the last for our players and families. With that in mind, we would really appreciate your time to complete the survey that is linked below. This survey is completely anonymous and email addresses are not being collected, so feel free to share any comments, concerns, suggestions, or new ideas! Thank you for taking the time to help us continue to improve our program!
- All girls born between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2017 are eligible to register.
-TOMORROW, Monday, January 31 is the LAST day to register for $115! Beginning at 12am Tuesday, February 1st, registration will increase to $130.
- All players registered during the Early Bird period (through 1/31) will be included in a drawing for a FREE REGISTRATION! The free registration will come in the form of a reimbursement of this season's fee!
- If there is anything that you would like the board to know that is not included on the registration form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address it personally. Thank you!
If you would like to be considered for a head coaching position for the spring season, please do the following:
- It is a requirement to register your child byFriday, February 25 in order to be considered. The Board will need time to review and vote for head coaches prior to the player draft.
- Please mark "yes" to the head coaching question on the registration form.
-IMPORTANT: It is a NEW requirement that anyone wanting to be considered for a head coaching position email email@example.com and write a BRIEF description of your coaching and/or playing experience (if any), and anything else you would like the board to know about yourself.
- You may choose your assistant coach prior to the player draft. If you do not have an assistant in mind, there will be a list of assistants from which you can choose at the draft, or you can have a "free draft pick" and choose an assistant after practices begin.
We are planning to hold pitching evaluations on Saturday, March 5 (weather permitting). Any 10U or 13U player that would like to be considered as a pitcher in the player draft is encouraged to attend. If you are unable to attend, it does NOT mean that you will be unable to pitch in games. Our goal is to ensure that each team has at least one (somewhat) experienced pitcher in order to create as much parity as possible across each age division. All 10U and 13U head coaches should attend if available.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!
In order to keep you as informed as possible, we would like to share as much information as we currently have regarding the schedule for this spring.
January 31: Early Registration ends
February 25: Last day for prospective head coaches to register their child
March 4-7: Dick's Sporting Goods League Appreciation Weekend
March 4: Last Day to Register
March 5: Pitching Evaluations
March 6: Player Draft (for coaches only)
March 7-March 12: First week practices may begin
April 16: Opening Day for all age groups!
May 21: Spring Tournament (8U & up)
After coaches are selected, they will be offered practice days/times on a FCFS basis. Each coach will initially choose one day per week, and may be offered a 2nd day. At the conclusion of the draft for each age group, coaches will reach out to their teams to introduce themselves and to inform families of their practice day/time, and if they plan to practice the first week.
6U, 8U, & 10U will play one weeknight game, and one Saturday game each week, for a total of 10 games. 13U will play doubleheaders on Saturday's each week for a total of 10 games.
Spring weather can be brutal for spring sports. We will always do our absolute best to re-schedule games that have been canceled due to weather, but cannot make any guarantees that all 10 games will be played.
Thank you to all of our families for your continued support! We can't wait to see everyone on the fields!